Friday, February 15, 2008

Poem II

This kid is really starting to get into this. Today my wife emailed another poem my son wrote. During homeschool he has to spend one hour writing anything that he wants. We don't provide a direction unless he asks for one. So this came out of his own heart and mind and I have to say I was pretty amazed. I used to wipe this this kids butt and now he's already a better writer than me.

Jesus' Thoughts On The Cross

I lie on a cross.
I bleed and cry.
My people shout,"When wilt thou die?
You claim thou art the Son of God.
We know the truth, thou art a fraud"
These words they speak are such lies!
I die for them as a sacrifice.
I die for them so they may live.
I pass away and I give.

Well, at least I can still do math better than him. For now!

4 comments:

grk said...

wow. that's got to make a dad happy. Quite a crew you have under your roof, man.

Percussivity said...

That is very cool that a 10 year old wrote that!

Unknown said...

He's not 10 yet. Let's drag out being 9 as long as we can, shall we? That would be only 2 more months. Yikes!

The Angry Coder said...

It dawned on me the other day that the most awesome thing about this is not the quality of the poem, but the fact that my son, all on his own, was meditating on the cross of Christ. That makes a father proud, to be sure!